WELCOME TO HARTBEAT. WE ARE COMEDY. WE ARE CULTURE.
Founded by Kevin Hart with a mission to keep the world laughing together, HARTBEAT is the global, multi-platform media brand creating the boldest and most influential entertainment at the intersection of comedy and culture.
Innovative. Inspiring. Inclusive. Infectious. Indelible (if you know that word, chances are there’s a college on your resume). Point is, we go IN.
We believe engaging content and comedy have the power to shift the culture and change the world. Our feeling-first content, immersive platforms and experiences, matchless storytellers, and creativity look audiences dead in their face and dare ’em not to smile, laugh out loud, think, act, care, share, and grow more connected to the world and to each other. We win every time.
Now, get out your pencils and pads. Hartbeat has three divisions: HARTBEAT STUDIOS, which finances, develops, and produces innovative content; HARTBEAT MEDIA, which connects with consumers globally through events and the company's expansive distribution network; and PULSE, the full-service branded content and creative studio that also serves as creative and cultural consultancy to the Hartbeat brand. Plus, Hartbeat's flagship consumer brand, LOL! NETWORK, reaches audiences across its owned and operated social media, audio, and OTT partners. ’kay, pencils down.
So if you hate fun, never like to laugh, and hardly ever smile, we have the job for you – somewhere else.
But if you believe in a culture of creativity, entrepreneurialism, inclusion, hustle, and heart – while prioritizing fun and funny – you belong here.
Hartbeat is seeking a BRANDED CONTENT PRODUCER for PULSE, the company’s full-service branded content and creative studio. With “excellence chambers” for Strategy, Insights & Measurement, Creative Development & Design, Social & Platform Innovation, Talent, Influencer & Creator Engagement, and PDA (Production Development & Activation), Pulse collaborates with Hartbeat’s Partnerships & Advertising team, clients, and their agencies to integrate advertiser brands into cultural conversations via custom content, breakthrough storytelling, premium integrations, and other creative marketing solutions across Hartbeat touchpoints, platforms, and experiences. Pulse also serves as the internal creative and social media agency for Hartbeat owned and operated brands.
The Branded Content Producer dual-reports into Pulse (Branded Content) and Hartbeat Studios (Physical Production), and collaborates across Hartbeat divisions.
- works alongside the Hartbeat Strategy, Creative Development, and Talent, Influencer & Content Creator Engagement, and Partnerships teams, and interfaces with Hartbeat advertising partners, to ensure production feasibility of best-in-class branded content concepts during all phases of pitching, production, and post-production
- oversees branded content production (pre- through post-), as well as manages and grows external production partners relationships for optimal cost/quality
- facilitates high-quality production, and implements project management processes
- implements production best practices to grow and develop Pulse to best-in-class industry production standards
- ensures that all branded content runs smoothly, meets deadlines, stays on brand and within budget, and is delivered to the highest standard
- maintains and communicates production timelines and budgets to all key internal and external stakeholders
- oversees production workflow and integrates other Hartbeat production teams to seek out efficiencies in resources
- negotiates, develops, and maintains relationships with outside creative and production partners (production houses, post houses, etc.)
- aligns specific vendors with respective projects for the highest quality content at competitive rates, bids branded content projects to multiple vendors, sources directors treatments, presents bids and treatments to clients with a strategic recommendation
- awards projects, hires and manages production teams (internal and external) to determine budget and resources needed
- organizes and schedules productions, including location scouting, setting up studio shoots, field productions, ordering graphics and overseeing post-production
- obtain necessary licenses and ensure shoots meet legal and compliance requirements
- tracks budgets, and manages the payment of vendors, while minimizing and communicating any overages to internal and external stakeholders
- during shoots, ensures that productions run within schedule and budget, assists with talent needs, manages directors and crew on set/location, solves problems in real time to capture all campaign deliverables, meet client expectations, and deliver premium entertainment value for Hartbeat’s audience
- writes schedules and supervise post-production through final delivery
- traffics all assets per the mutually agreed upon project deliverables list
- after delivery, oversees distribution of assets to client and other stakeholders (e.g., publicity)
- coordinates deliverables after branded content projects are complete, including but not limited to recap reports, clips for social media, promotion across Hartbeat platforms and archiving
- maintains transparent reporting process and consistent accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- agency (or in-house agency) experience is strongly preferred
- deep knowledge of content production (pre- through post-), project management, and proven experience overseeing agency or in-house production studio with P/L responsibility
- proven track record of producing branded content or enterprise segments or series a plus
- familiarity collaborating with marketing, sales, and agencies
- strong comfort level in client-facing arenas such as client briefings, pitch meetings, kick-off calls, and pre-production meetings
- can be persuasive, demonstrate conviction, and incorporate humor when conveying the viability of creative solutions
- attuned to the culture and Hartbeat’s audience
- understands and actively consumes entertainment in the comedic space
- understands how to extend a campaign idea across multiple platforms, including linear, digital, social, and experiential
- thrives in a fast-paced environment with simultaneous projects, while placing a premium on organization, attention to detail, time management, and efficiency
- ability to collaborate with groups, both internal and external to Hartbeat
- a creative problem solver, and loves the creative challenge of innovating within production, budget, and time constraints
- proactive, self-starting and always thinking, with strong attention to detail, well-developed organizational skills, and project management
- in-depth knowledge of social media platform communications (Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook)
- ability to travel and work beyond traditional hours as needed
- finds the laughter in everyday life and wants to keep the world laughing together
WORK HARD, LAUGH HARDER
Look, it’s called work for a reason. We show up for our teammates, our partners, and our audience. We’re a high-energy culture, where EVERYONE IS A HEADLINER, expected to give their best performance. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun, meaningful, and inspiring. Because if you’re not having fun at work, you’re missing a good time!