WELCOME TO HARTBEAT. WE ARE COMEDY. WE ARE CULTURE.
Founded by Kevin Hart with a mission to keep the world laughing together, HARTBEAT is the global, multi-platform media brand creating the boldest and most influential entertainment at the intersection of comedy and culture. Innovative. Inspiring. Inclusive. Infectious. Indelible (if you know that word, chances are there’s a college on your resume). Point is, we go IN. We believe engaging content and comedy have the power to shift the culture and change the world. Our feeling-first content, immersive platforms and experiences, matchless storytellers, and creativity look audiences dead in their face and dare ’em not to smile, laugh out loud, think, act, care, share, and grow more connected to the world and to each other. We win every time.
Now, get out your pencils and pads. Hartbeat has three divisions: HARTBEAT STUDIOS, which finances, develops, and produces innovative content; HARTBEAT MEDIA, which connects with consumers globally through events and the company's expansive distribution network; and PULSE, the full-service branded content and creative studio that also serves as creative and cultural consultancy to the Hartbeat brand. Plus, Hartbeat's flagship consumer brand, LOL! NETWORK, reaches audiences across its owned and operated social media, audio, and OTT partners. ’kay, pencils down.
We are seeking a WRITER for the PULSE division. In this role, you will have the opportunity to write, pitch, and execute your ideas for nationally-distributed creative campaigns. This includes creative featuring Kevin Hart, other leading comedic and entertainment voices, and advertising partners from a range of industry categories – movies, streaming and linear TV series, gaming, automotive, consumer packaged goods, restaurants, retail, tech, travel, financial services, etc. – across multiple platforms.
- Leverage cultural and audience insights to both develop and execute award-winning, insights-driven, culturally resonant creative solutions that deliver on advertising clients’ marketing objectives and KPIs, and connect with diverse audiences on an emotional level, inspiring them to share the creative with others
- Work with the Sr. Creative Director and other Pulse departments (Strategy, Insights & Measurement, Creative Development & Design, Social & Platform Innovation, Talent, Influencer & Creator Engagement, and Production Development & Activation) to align on the strategy for creative solutions in response to client requests
- Serve as a key creative voice in brainstorms, and ensures creative ideas are aligned with the brand and client brand strategies while advocating for and substantiating a concrete creative point of view
- Organize and prioritize ideas according to feasibility (budget, timing), client KPI, and other criteria pertinent to the RFP ahead of Sr. Creative Director review and revise accordingly
- Writes breakthrough ideas that are both on strategy and authentic on multiple platforms, and develop copy for best-in-class presentation materials to package creative solutions that blow the minds of advertiser clients
- Pitch creative concepts to partners, both in written and verbal presentations (treatments, pitches, presentation decks, summaries, and scripts)
- Recommend talent, influencers, and content creators to be featured in creative concepts, ensuring that talent aligns with the client and project strategy
- Partner with the Production Development & Activation team, assist with pre-production through post-production of sold ideas, ensuring that the execution of campaign concepts meets the creative vision
- Stay current on all Hartbeat content, event, and distribution initiatives, as well as media and consumer trends, societal moods, and creative advertising themes
- Attend shoots, provides creative direction, and solve problems in real time, to capture all campaign deliverables, meet client expectations, and deliver premium entertainment value
- Provide a post session creative voice during editorial, sound design, color correction and graphics work
- Respond to client feedback with solutions and enhancements to the creative
- Bachelor’s degree (Advertising, Marketing, English or Communications preferred)
- 4 to 7 years of experience in copywriting, branded content or comparable roles (Agency or in-house agency experience strongly preferred)
- Can connect cultural and audience insights to client marketing needs across several industries
- Understands and actively consumes entertainment in the comedic space and how to extend a campaign idea across multiple platforms, including linear, digital, social and experiential
- Exemplary written communication skills, in clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy, including formatted narrative scripting, creative treatments, pitches, and more
- Ability to write in many voices, for many industries, changing from one voice to another depending on the needs of the project
- Strong comfort level in client-facing arenas such as pitch meetings and kick-off calls, with superior and persuasive pitching/presentation skills and the ability to “read the room” and tailor the pitch to the intended audience
- Enjoys the storytelling process, and understands how story structure elements and marketing strategy support the development, pitch, and execution of branded content concepts
- Loves the creative process, collaborating with fellow creatives and relishes the challenge of innovating within production, budget, and time constraints
- Proactive, self-starting and always thinking, with strong attention to detail, well-developed organizational and project management skills
- Fluent in relevant software (Google Docs, MS Word, PowerPoint and Keynote) and Final Draft scriptwriting experience is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of social media platform communications (Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook)
- Production (pre- through post-) and client experience are essential
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous projects; ability to travel and work beyond traditional hours as needed
- Finds the laughter in everyday life and wants to keep the world laughing together
WORK HARD, LAUGH HARDER
Look, it’s called work for a reason. We show up for our teammates, our partners, and our audience. We’re a high-energy culture, where EVERYONE IS A HEADLINER, expected to give their best performance. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun, meaningful, and inspiring. Because if you’re not having fun at work, you’re missing a good time!
So, if you hate fun, never like to laugh, and hardly ever smile, we have the job for you – somewhere else. But if you believe in a culture of creativity, entrepreneurialism, inclusion, hustle, and heart – while prioritizing fun and funny – you belong here.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV and creative samples to be considered. In addition, please provide any links/reel to your work.
Must be 18 years or older and willing to submit to a background investigation and must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States